Instructions for Wire Payment: Western Union Business Solutions GlobalPay for Students (International and Domestic)
Step 1: Go to the UConn Western Union Business Solutions Page. Multiple languages offered!
Step 2: Register the Payment
- Select which country you will be sending your payment from
- Input the student information: 7-Digit Student ID number, First Name, Last Name, UConn email address, Payment Type (“Tuition Fees Room and Board: for fee bill payment)
- Enter the USD amount you want to pay towards your fee bill
- Select your desired payment option
- Bank Transfer – Select your local currency (or send in USD for $20.00 fee)
- E-Payment Service (Geoswift, SOFOR, etc.) if applicable
- Enter additional payment details: Who is Paying, Payer Name, Payer Email Address, Payer Street Address
- Enter the Bank Name and Bank Country that will be sending payment to Western Union. Note: This may be auto-filled depending on the choice you selected for payment option on the previous screen
- Elect preferred language for payment instructions
Step 3: Make the Payment
- Print and follow the Payment Instructions. Contact your bank, financial institution, or e-payment service (online, phone, or in-person) to initiate the payment to Western Union. Confirmation and Payment Instructions will also be sent to the payer’s email.
- Initiate your payment with your bank as soon as possible to ensure the payment is received by Western Union by the date and time on the final confirmation page. Request that your bank include the Payment Reference Number provided on your confirmation and instructions when sending the funds.
- Reminders: If you elected to pay in foreign currency, your bank must send the payment in that foreign currency. The exchange rate quoted is valid for only 72 hours. Funds received after the 72 hour cut off are subject to a new rate.
- Once Western Union receives the payment from your bank, the funds will be transferred to UConn and the payment will be posted to your fee bill.