NEW Training Documentation Available!
The mission of non-student Accounts Receivable is to ensure accuracy and integrity of the non-student receivables in the University’s general ledger. Our goal is to assist departments in maintaining compliance with university policy and standard operating procedures and strengthen internal controls as they relate to accounts receivable and invoicing.
What We Do
The Non Student Accounts Receivable Office performs various functions for the University, some of the most commonly performed duties are:
- Bills of all non-student related charges rendered by the University, including processing invoices to external customers and faculty/staff receivables.
- Processes all incoming payments for KFS invoices, including check, Marketplace, ACH, and Core-CT.
- Processes State of Connecticut Transfer Invoices to invoice other State of Connecticut agencies through the Core-CT Billing System (where the University is the creditor).
- Collaborates and provides assistance to university departments in order to charge their customers for goods and/or services provided by the University. This includes brief training sessions with KFS end-users or departmental administrative staff to familiarize themselves with the KFS Accounts Receivable Module and its functionality, specifically, creating new customers, posting customer invoices and entering customer credit memos.
- Provides KFS end-users with helpful documentation/handouts to become more efficient at using KFS.
- Interacts with university departments and their customers regarding customer account inquiries/balances due to the University.
- Forwards quarterly statements to customers with balances due.
- Forwards past due customers dunning letters requesting payment.
- Places past due customer accounts with an outside collection agency.
Internal Business Resources for UConn Departments
COVID-19 Collections Status
For general Non Student Accounts Receivable inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payments for non-student Accounts Receivable invoices can be mailed to:
University of Connecticut
Accounts Receivable Office
233 Glenbrook Road, Unit 4231
Storrs, CT 06269-4231