Standard collection efforts
UConn Accounts Receivable (AR) regularly performs collections duties on non-student accounts:
- Mails quarterly statements to customers with balances due
- Mails past due customers dunning letters requesting payment
- Places past due customer accounts with an outside collection agency
- Places past due customer accounts with DAS for tax offset
- Places holds on UConn student accounts with non-student balances at the request of the department
Guidance to departments from AR
Departments are responsible for ensuring their departmental invoices are paid.
To this effect, AR advises departments to:
- Reach out to their customers with open invoices
- Offer electronic payment options (detailed instructions provided below)
- Offer assistance to customers in need of modifications to their payment terms/payment plans
- If customers are offered leniency, please edit the customer in KFS, attach a note to the customer account with specific details of the leniency, and attach the email or any documentation supporting the agreement between the department and customer
- Details on editing customers in KFS can be found beginning on page 20 of the KFS Cash Operations and Accounts Receivable Procedure Guide: https://bursar.uconn.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/304/2019/08/Cash-and-AR-Final-Procedure-Guide-2019.pdf
Electronic Payment Options
Any customer is welcome to pay their KFS invoice online via ACH/electronic check. There is no fee associated with paying by these means for either the department or customer.
Note, however, the customer must have the invoice number and/or customer number to process a payment online with ACH/eCheck. To pay online via ACH/eCheck, access the following link: https://secure.touchnet.com/C21646_ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=383
For any department seeking the ability to offer customers to pay online with a credit/debit card, the department can complete the Marketplace Request Form and return via email to email@example.com. In lieu of signatures, it is necessary to include the appropriate Fiscal Officer and Dean/Director on the email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to confirm their approval.
Please note, departments are charged a 2.25% processing fee for payments received via credit/debit card purchases (billed monthly). The customer must know the name of the UConn department for which the invoice was generated, as well as knowing the invoice number and/or customer number in order to submit payment.
Require additional information?
For additional information regarding payment options, please contact Cash Operations at email@example.com.
For additional information regarding invoices or collections, please contact Accounts Receivable at firstname.lastname@example.org.