The information contained in your student’s education records at UConn is
protected by a Federal privacy law known as the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
(FERPA). Under FERPA, your student has certain rights related to their education records, including the
right to have access to their own education records, and the right to have control over the disclosure
of personally identifiable information from their education records (except in certain circumstances
specified in the FERPA regulations). FERPA also requires University faculty, staff, vendors and
affiliates (otherwise known as “school officials”) to protect their education records and the
information contained in those records, and to only share the contents of those records in accordance
with FERPA’s requirements. Except under limited exceptions specified in FERPA, school officials
can only share your education records or discuss your records with your “prior written consent”—
that is, your explicit permission in writing.
For more information, please visit UConn’s FERPA page.
Add a FERPA Talk User
Access to talk to UConn employees regarding students’ bills, financial aid, and other inquiries.
To add a user, have your student follow the steps below:
- Navigate to ferpa.uconn.edu and select the “Share My Information” tab
- Click the “Manage Designees” button under the phone icon
- Sign in with netID (ex. abc12345) and password
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Add Designee”
- Input the designee’s information, create a 4 character code
- Select the “Student Financial Information” permission
- Click save and submit
As a guardian, you will need this code each time you call UConn regarding your student’s account.
Add an Authorized User
Access to allow parent or guardian to pay and view bills, enroll in a payment plan, and receive reminders regarding fee bills.
To add an Authorized User, have your student follow the steps below:
- Go to studentadmin.uconn.edu and sign in with your netID (ex. abc12345) and password
- Select the “Bursar Services” tile
- On the left-hand side select the “Pay Bill & Authorize Users” option
- Click “Actions” on the upper right-hand side and select “Manage Authorized Users”
- Enter the name and email address for your Authorized User
- The Authorized User will receive an email to create a password and set-up the account
For any questions, please contact the Flywire Customer Support Team at 1-857-287-3823 or email@example.com.
Add a Delegate User
Access for parents to log into Student Administration system under their own log in.
Click here for steps to add a guardian as a delegate user. For additional questions, please reach out to our IT Office at 860-486-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.