Opening of Spring 2022 Semester
1. How much will my Housing and Dining credit be for and when should I expect to see the credit?
Per the email sent by Interim President Andrew Agwunobi, the credit will equal two weeks-worth of the overall cost of the housing and/or dining fee for the spring ‘22 semester. Credits will begin posting to student accounts on January 10th.
2. How will the Housing and Dining credit apply to my fee bill?
The credit will apply to any charges on your student fee bill. If after there is a credit on your account, a refund will be issued either by direct deposit or a check will be mailed to the address in Student Admin.
3. Do I need to request the refund?
No, if the refund is due from this credit, you do not need to request a refund and one will automatically be generated.
4. I made changes to my housing assignment/meal plan. Why do I not see the changes?
Changes to both your housing and dining charges as well as credit will be made weekly.
5. I do not want to pay my fee bill until the credit is posted to my account. Will a hold be placed on my account or will I be assessed any late fees?
If the credits are not posted by the fee bill due date, January 8th, holds and late fees will not be assessed at that time.
6. Since the University will be remote the first two weeks of class and I cannot use the Rec Center, can I get a discount?
No, the Rec Center is not a membership fee. This fee supports the Student Recreation Center including the operations and construction of the state of the art facility, opening Fall 2019. This is a mandatory fee required of all Storrs matriculated students. This fee cannot be waived. For more information regarding the services and programs provided by the Student Rec Center, please visit their website. The Office of the Bursar does not have the authority to change tuition and fee rates once established.
7. If the University remains remote for the remaining semester, will I receive any additional credits?
Any credits must be approved by senior leadership. At this time, no additional credits have been approved. The Office of the Bursar does not have the authority to change tuition and fee rates once established.
8. Can my tuition and fees be discounted? Can the Office of the Bursar change my tuition and fees?
The University approved the amounts for tuition and fees as proposed by senior leadership for Academic Year 2021-2022. The Office of the Bursar does not have the authority to change tuition and fee rates once established.