United States Taxpayer Identification Number

If you were directed to this site from an email or a hold on your account, please note that your student account in the Student Administration System has been flagged due to a discrepancy with your Social Security Number (SSN). The University's records indicate that either:

1. You did not provide a social security number (SSN) or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) to UConn; OR

2. The SSN or ITIN information that you provided to UConn was inaccurate or contained errors; OR

3. Your name in the SAS does not match the name on your social security card.


The University requires this information to prepare important tax forms that are required by federal law, including forms that help determine whether you, or the person who can claim you as a dependent, may be eligible for certain tax deductions and credits. PLEASE PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION TO THE BURSAR'S OFFICE AT YOUR EARLIEST CONVENIENCE USING SUBSTITUTE FORM W-9S. Please also keep in mind that the University is required by law to request this information from you, and you are required to provide it, regardless of your age or filing status.

Please return the completed and signed Substitute Form W-9S to the Bursar's Office in person or by mail to the following address:

Office of the Bursar
ATTN: Information Reporting
Wilbur Cross

233 Glenbrook Road, Unit 4100

Storrs, CT 06269-4100

Phone: (860) 486-4830

Fax: (860)486-3307

If you are a Graduate Student, please return the completed and signed Substitute Form W-9S to:

Whetten Graduate Center, Second Floor
438 Whitney Road Extension, Unit-1152
Storrs, CT 06269-1152
Phone: (860) 486-3617
Fax: (860) 486-6739

Please DO NOT e-mail your Form W-9S, as e-mail is not a secure way to transmit sensitive information of this nature. However, you may send the form via secure fax to (860) 486-3307. PLEASE ALSO NOTE that the University cannot accept this information via telephone.

Thank you for your attention to this issue.