Private Scholarship Deferment

You may request a deferment for outside (i.e. private) scholarships. These are defined as any private scholarship that a student receives that is NOT part of your financial aid package or from a university department.  We do not accept deferral requests for the Summer & Winter Sessions.

If you have an outside (i.e., private) scholarship that has not yet been listed as a credit on your latest bill, we will temporarily defer the value of the scholarship through the dates listed below until your scholarship is received by the university. We will not defer scholarships that are contingent upon any criteria (based on a course grade, number of credits, GPA, etc.). To request a deferment for outside scholarships you must click the link below.

If the scholarship letter is equal or greater than $2,000.00 and does not indicate otherwise, the scholarship will be split between the fall and the spring semester. Scholarships less than $2,000.00 will not be split.

Scholarship letters must be sent to us every semester, prior to the due date. It is your responsibility to ensure we have received the scholarship letter and deferred the scholarship on your account to avoid any late fees or holds. Deferrals will be extended until 10/1 for the fall term and 3/1 for the spring term, if the payment is not received by the expiration date, it is the student's responsibility to make the payment and follow up with the appropriate scholarship organization. 

Payments should contain the student’s 7-digit Student ID number, be mailed directly to the University and include "Unit 4100"in the address to ensure it is received by our office.

The University of Connecticut
233 Glenbrook Rd, Unit 4100
Storrs, Connecticut 06269-4100


NOTE: Private Scholarships reported via the deferment form will be reported to the Office of Student Financial Aid Services (OSFAS). Per federal regulations, your total financial aid, including federal, state, university, and other sources may not exceed your total Cost of Attendance (COA). In cases where your total financial aid exceeds your demonstrated need and or COA, OSFAS may have to adjust or reduce your aid in this order: first loans, then work-study, then grants and scholarships.

Please be on the lookout for an email once your scholarship deferral is either approved or denied. Be sure to click on the “Begin Review” button and then under View change from Review to Status to see important notes about your request.

I have a scholarship or funding letter. Who do I contact if I have questions about it?

Proof of Enrollment

If the scholarship provider is requesting the student to send proof of enrollment, the student should request an Enrollment Certificate through Student Administration System.

Instructions: Requesting Proof of Enrollment

If the scholarship provider is requesting UConn to send proof of enrollment, please fill out the FERPA release form below authorizing the release of Student Financial Information AND any educational records as necessary to the specific scholarship provider for the purpose of releasing proof of enrollment.  Upload release and email One Stop at

Fillable FERPA Release


Invoice for Scholarship Provider

If the scholarship provider is requesting an invoice with the UConn logo and address, please click the instructions below.

Instructions for Students: Downloading UConn Invoice

Instructions for Authorized User: Downloading UConn Invoice