Sign up for Direct Deposit!
If you have a credit balance on your student account due to excess financial aid or other reasons, you may elect to receive a refund by Direct Deposit into your checking account (U.S. banks only). Direct deposit is the quickest way to receive your refund. Funds will generally be deposited into your bank account within 1 to 3 business days after the refund has been initiated by our office.
Sign up for Direct Deposit now by logging into your Student Administration account. Once you're logged in, click on the "Bursar Services" tile, then “Sign up for Direct Deposit”.
All Direct Deposit account information will be deleted from the Student Administration System approximately 6 months after graduation or withdrawing from the University. You can also delete your Direct Deposit information by logging into the Student Administration System.
For more information, please review our Direct Deposit Frequently Asked Questions.
- Refunds for excess financial aid cannot be given until your financial aid has fully disbursed and shows in the Credit section on your fee bill.
- If the UConn Financial Aid Office later determines that your financial aid eligibility has changed, you may be required to repay all or a portion of any funds that were deposited to your account. The most common reasons for this are a change from full-time to part-time, a change in your need calculation, or withdrawing from the university.
- It is your responsibility to verify that all direct deposit payments have been credited to your bank account before making any purchases against these funds.
- You must update your bank account information if there are any changes to the account.
- The University is not responsible for incorrect banking information entered in the Student Administration System upon enrollment in Direct Deposit.