Private Scholarship Deferment

You may request a deferment for outside scholarships that are not processed through the UConn Financial Aid Office. If you have an outside (i.e., private) scholarship that has not yet been listed as a credit on your latest bill we will temporarily defer the value of the scholarship for a short period of time until your scholarship is received by the university. We will not defer scholarships which are contingent upon any criteria (based on a course grade, GPA, etc.) To request a deferment for outside scholarships you must mail, fax, or email a copy of the scholarship letter to our office and the Financial Aid Office.

Mail: 233 Glenbrook Rd Unit 4100, Storrs, CT 06269

Fax: (860)486-5234


NOTE: Please be aware that outside scholarships that haven’t been reported to the UConn Financial Aid Office may reduce your final aid package, especially if you are receiving a university Tuition Remission Grant.