University of Connecticut has partnered with Flywire to accept payments from international students worldwide. Easily and securely make education payments in your own currency, using local payment methods from the safety and convenience of your home. With real-time tracking and around-the-clock multilingual support, millions of students and families around the world trust Flywire for payment processing.
Read the instructions below under "Instructions for using Flywire International Payments for Students" before beginning your payment.
Did you know?
- Flywire offers convenient payment options from over 240 countries and territories, in more than 140+ currencies.
- Flywire supports a variety of local payment methods including bank transfers, credit cards, e-wallets and more.
- Flywire guarantees payment as soon as funds are received in any of our accounts around the world.
- Flywire offers peace of mind by providing real-time payment tracking every step of the way through email, in-app and text alerts.
- Flywire offers around-the-clock multilingual support via email, phone or live chat.
- Flywire’s internal controls ensure that funds are secure and protected against fraud.
- Flywire provides a Best Price Guarantee: if you find a better exchange rate at your bank within two hours of booking a local currency bank transfer with Flywire and send us a quote from your bank, we will match it.
Contact Flywire's multilingual customer support team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
Help Center: www.flywire.com/help
Instructions for using Flywire International Payments for Students
- Log into the Online Bill and Payment System.
- Students: Log into Student Admin with your NetID credentials. Click the Bursar Services tile on the Homepage. Click the Pay Bill & Authorize Users tab within the listing on the far left of the page. Paying your bill - full instructions for students.
- Authorized Users: Log into Flywire as an Authorized User. Paying your bill - full instructions for Authorized Users.
- Select the Make Payment tab. Your payment amount will be filled in for you, but you can change it to a lesser amount if you want to pay in multiple transactions (as long as you pay in full by the due date).
- Select International Payment via Flywire as your payment method.
- Select the country you are paying from. Students paying from China, see “Additional instructions for payments from China” below.
- Select your preferred payment method.
- Provide information about the payer. The payer may be the student or one of the Authorized Users on the student’s account.
- Provide information about the student. The seven digit Student ID/PeopleSoft Number is already filled in for you.
- Review and confirm your payment information.
- Follow the payment instructions provided by Flywire. For example, if you selected wire transfer as your payment method, your instructions will tell you which bank in your home country to deliver your funds to. If the country you are paying from has special requirements, Flywire will provide you with the information you need to complete those requirements.
- Flywire will email you a link you can use to track your payment, so you are not required to create a Flywire account, but we recommend it. If you already have a Flywire account and want to add this payment to it, click Add Payment to get to the Flywire login page.
- If you don’t already have a Flywire account, you can create one by clicking Sign Up. If you want to receive SMS (text) alerts to track your payment, provide your mobile phone number.
- Once your payment is received at UConn, you will see it credited to your Fee Bill.
Additional instructions for payments from China
Students and Authorized Users making payments from China must provide documentation that meets the requirements of the People’s Bank of China and the State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE).
Background on the SAFE requirements
In 2015, the People’s Bank of China and SAFE launched a project to allow licensed Payment Service Providers (PSPs) like Flywire to process cross-border foreign exchange payments from China. While reviewing the program, SAFE increased oversight of PSPs by conducting on-site audits and aggressively enforcing existing regulations of foreign exchange transactions. SAFE’s main objectives are to ensure:
- The authenticity of the underlying transactions
- Accurate, complete, and timely recordkeeping, and
- That PSPs are not exceeding the scope of their license.
What is required from students paying from China?
Students must submit a statement from their university to their payment processor that includes the university logo, student’s name, and amount of tuition and fee charges. The Term Statement meets all of these requirements and is easy for students or Authorized Users to generate themselves in the Online Bill and Payment System. Please note that collection of this document is required regardless of who is processing the payment.
Next, follow the payment instructions:
Once you have saved your Term Statement as a PDF document, follow the "Step-by-step instructions for all international payments," in the gray bar above. Flywire will prompt you when it is time to upload your Term Statement.
Can I wire money directly to the University’s bank account?
No. Using Flywire will ensure that you are using the University's most up-to-date banking information, and helps us identify your payment once we receive it so we can post it to your student account right away.